Monday, January 11, 2010

Yew Tee...Yew Tee...Yew Tee...Yew Tee...Yew Tee...

That's a word that I don't hear very often, considering where I reside!


In case you don't know, Yew Tee is located in the west of Singapore, which, in my case, travelling there is a whole new experience to me! The sights and sounds are totally foreign, and the people seem different!


 Yew Tee Community Building (Not the gathering spot, but somewhat the nearest landmark!)

   Went to the Yew Tee RC to meet up with some of the kids there, and was totally surprised! Usually when I go visiting different areas with kids I would meet players of generally different skill levels. But at Yew Tee I was somewhat surprised to find 2 groups of players at totally opposite spectrums in terms of their handling skills!

In one group, we have the kids who have just started, learning tricks like Trapeze and what-not. And in the other group there's kids doing the new school stuff of slacks, whips, and different wierd mounts!


There's even a small showcase of yo-yos, some I have not seen in ages,some I've never even seen before and free yo-yos lying around for kids to play with! A very novel idea!

Soon, we started to get to know each other better and I got to know their future plans and ideas. Been giving it some thought and finally decided, why not? Would definitely try to make time in the future to help these young group of kids and Yew Tee RC to promote this wonderful sport!


Well, that's it for this little excursion, hopefully there will be more in the future! OVER AND OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.